Primary Care, Specialized Gynecology Procedures, Natural Medicine and Acupuncture
Promoting wellness has been Dr. Kahn’s passion for 30 years.
Dr. Kahn (she/her) started her study of natural health in 1983. She has traveled the world to expand her knowledge of the healing arts. She studied nutrition and bodywork in Northern Europe, western herbs in the Midwest, and finally attended medical school in Portland, Oregon. She graduated as a physician from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1998, and then received her Master’s in Chinese Medicine in 2003.
Dr. Kahn has a strong background in adult primary care, women’s medicine and specialized gynecology. In medical school, she gained experience in conventional primary care and gynecologists’ offices and natural medicine clinics. She has completed internships focused on acute and chronic illness in women and men of all ages.
Since 1999, she has practiced as a physician in both conventional and alternative clinics, including Planned Parenthood and Health Practitioners Clinic, in Canby, Oregon. She has been serving the Portland community as the principal physician at A Balanced Life Health Care since 2001. Even as a seasoned physician, Dr. Kahn’s passion for helping people inspires her to continue her study of the art and science of medicine.
Health Interests and Services I Offer:
- Comprehensive Patient-Centered Primary Care
- Annual exams and pap smears
- Specialized Gynecology and Colposcopy
- Contraception counseling
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- HealthShare/ CareOregon (OHP/Medicaid)
Online Scheduling Information
- Online scheduling is available for current patients only. If you are a new patient, please contact the clinic for more information.
- If you have a semi-urgent health need, please contact the clinic to schedule your appointment.
- Please provide a detailed reason for your appointment request to best assist our front desk in scheduling your appointment.
- If you are not sure which type of appointment you need or if you do not see your appointment type listed, please contact the clinic.
- Annual Exam appointments are available to patients yearly, based on your insurance. This is an in-person appointment
- Follow-up or Lab Consult Visits are available to patients for reasons such as:
- Birth control consult
- Lab review
- Routine follow-up
- Problem Visits can be discussed over telemedicine however if you feel a physical exam is necessary, please select an in-person appointment. Problem visits are available to patients for non-urgent reasons such as:
- Gynecological problems
- STI testing
- Non-urgent problems that you have not discussed before with your provider