Naturopathic Physician, Biomedical Ethicist, and Sexual Health and Wellness Educator
We are not merely a collection of symptoms meant for cookie cutter solutions… the type of healthcare we receive should be empowering of our uniqueness.
The type of healthcare we receive should be empowering of our uniqueness. I’m Dr. Sean Peter Horan (he/they), Naturopathic Physician, Biomedical Ethicist, and Sexual Health and Wellness Educator. I am passionate about providing the highest quality patient-centered care that meets you where you are at and honors your needs. No lectures. No paternalism. No shame or judgment. I want to be your collaborative partner in your health and wellness process and provide you with the tools to meet your needs. Let’s take the next step in your health journey together,
I completed my medical training at the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR in 2019 where I earned my Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine (ND). I have trained extensively in both Conventional/Allopathic and Naturopathic Primary Care practices, as well as with OBGYNs, Midwives, and Pain Management practitioners to provide the highest quality primary care with the largest toolbox available. Prior to moving to Portland, I completed my graduate studies at the Alden March Bioethics Institute at Albany Medical College, in Albany, NY, where I earned a Master of Science in Biomedical Ethics (MS). My research was focused on reproductive health policy, and it was at this time that my passion for sexual and reproductive health needs began. Prior to this I earned my B.A. Summa Cum Laude in Philosophy and Comparative Religious Studies with focus on Ethics and Values from The College of St. Rose, also in Albany, NY.
I was born in Hartford, CT, but have lived a number of years of my life in a small city just north of Rome, Italy called Viterbo. It was here that my zest for the importance of diet and lifestyle focused preventive medicine began. It was also there that my love for complementary pain management began. I provide services in English and Italian and am currently working towards my medical Spanish certification.
When not seeing patients, you can find me teaching classes around the Pacific Northwest on topics related to sexual health and wellness and open relating styles, running on the trails around town, skating at Oaks Park, exploring local hot springs, at various ecstatic dance events and festivals, and searching for the tastiest foods Portland has to offer.
Sex Positive, Kink Aware, LGBTQ+ Informed, Trauma Informed, Body Positive, Poly Aware Professional
Health Interests and Services I Offer:
- Comprehensive Patient-Centered Primary Care
- STI Testing, PrEP Counseling, Sexual Health Optimization
- Mental Health Medication Management
- Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Diet and Lifestyle Counseling
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Substance Abuse Support
- Physical Medicine and Manual Manipulation
- Complementary Pain Management Therapies
- Advanced Directives and POLST Counseling
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- HealthShare/ CareOregon (OHP/Medicaid)
Online Scheduling Information
- Online scheduling is available for current patients only. If you are a new patient, please contact the clinic for more information.
- If you have a semi-urgent health need, please contact the clinic to schedule your appointment.
- Please provide a detailed reason for your appointment request to best assist our front desk in scheduling your appointment.
- If you are not sure which type of appointment you need or if you do not see your appointment type listed, please contact the clinic.
- Annual Exam appointments are available to patients yearly, based on your insurance. This is an in-person appointment
- Follow-up Visits are available to patients for reasons such as:
- Birth control consult
- Lab review
- Routine follow-up
- Acute Visits can be discussed over telemedicine however if you feel a physical exam is necessary, please select an in-person appointment. Acute visits are available to patients for non-urgent reasons such as:
- Gynecological problems
- STI testing (in person only)
- Non-urgent problems that you have not discussed before with your provider